monitor problem

beameupscoty 22:37 08 Sep 03

hiya. can anybody tell me if my monitor is going us?. its a 17 " relisys but the screen has shrunk down to 12" with a black border around it. onboard graphs works ok when playing the likes of mohaa ,but if i quite the game then the screen goes blank and only comes on again untill i press the onoff button and comes on again in 12" . if i reset to factory its like looking at a square picture thats been stretched to A4

beameupscoty 23:14 08 Sep 03

from beameupscoty... i will have to leave this thread open for now. got to goto bed sometime people...zzzz

Ironman556 23:41 08 Sep 03

Have you checked your resolution? It's normal for older games to be in a "box" on some CRT's.

I had a problem similar the other day, try uninstalling and re-installing your graphics drivers. Sorted it for me.

beameupscoty 21:18 09 Sep 03

thanks Ironman556 dont think its that because the problem is there when i reboot. If i press delete to go into the bios setup screen its the same as above. the visable picture has shrunk with a blank border . i can see everything on the windows screen but just smaller. ive uninstalled and reinstalled graph software

BarryKeith 21:56 09 Sep 03

Your settings may have been changed by the game, try right click in any empty space on screen and select "properties", in the resulting window go to "Settings" and check that they are set at the correct resolution, I use 1280 x 1024 on a 17".
If you're running XP check the "Advanced" button and select the display tab as there are adjustments available to change the depth, breadth and position of the image.

beameupscoty 22:18 09 Sep 03

BarryKeith will be back shortly>>>>

beameupscoty 20:35 10 Sep 03

problem solved. i decided my monitor is us and still under warenty phoned RELISYS today. explained the problem over the phone and within about 3 minunte the guy on the other end of the phone told me he would arrange to pick up the old one and give me a new one in its place tomorrow. what a service. a lesson to always make sure you send in your garentee form

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…