Monitor power supply & maybe a laugh for the cruel

Epirb406 16:15 12 Apr 04

As you may have seen I've been rather busy with a mate's PC mess this weekend, that's all now finally sorted so I move on to what I've been wanting to do all weekend....play with my own toys.

Well, we have all done it...haven't we...we've all bought stuff off Ebay without reading the small print havent we? We've all placed bids a bit late in the day and maybe a little the worse for wear.....haven't we?

What did I do? I bought a fairly shiny flat panel monitor off an Advent PC 2nd hand but reasonable condition. Reasonable price(ish), can't go wrong.....Well actually you can!

There was no power supply with it, b*****r! Well to be honest he never said there was but....I didn't really register that.

Anyone know of a cheap source for a 12v 3A power supply that will fit in a ADV15T?

Thanks, Mr Bashful, Epirb.

howard60 16:30 12 Apr 04

maplins and cpc do power supplies - just look at the specs from the monitor makers site and then you should be able to match it up.

Epirb406 16:47 12 Apr 04

Just had a look at both howard60.

Seems that 12v is quite easy to get, 3A seems a bit more tricky, am I looking in the right places?

Cheers, Epirb.

woodchip 17:16 12 Apr 04

As you say a Car batter charger may do the trick, one of those cheap ones but it would be better if it was a stabilised voltage also get the polarity wrong and the monitor is no more

howard60 06:59 16 Apr 04

you can always get a power supply with a larger current output but never with a smaller as long as the voltage output is correct. Also check whether ac or dc output is required. Sorry for delay in answering I have been away.

Valvegrid 07:17 16 Apr 04

The size of psu you want is 36 Watts, CPC do them:

click here

Make sure the centre pin is Positive on the monitor.

A car battery charger is no good because there is no voltage smoothing incorporated in it.

Epirb406 17:01 18 Apr 04

thanks for the link, looks like one of those for me!

Makes my cheap monitor rather less of a bargin tho'!

In the mean time have gone ebay mad and have become local flat screen trading magnate (LOL)

Thanks all for help and suggestions as ever,

Cheers, Epirb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…