Monitor Power Help !!

M4D 13:49 21 Nov 03

Hi people,

Can anyone help me with a quick guestion ?

I've just bought a 19" AOC 9GLR CRT Monitor from click here due to my old monitor breaking down the other day but the AOC monitor comes with a US power lead ? Now am i safe to just simply plugin and use my old monitor lead ??

Im a little clueless to this problem as i've not come accross this before, And i just wanted to make sure before i blow it up ;)

Thanks, Chris ;)

Jester2K II 13:53 21 Nov 03

From the comments from the website

Got one of these for the missus....very good screen. Didn't really want the speaker base thing and it would have been nice if it didn't have a US power lead.....but other than that very good
By Frenzy on 30/10/2003 13:06:13

M4D 14:01 21 Nov 03

Can i use the old lead though ;)

Stuartli 14:05 21 Nov 03

It could be wise to check first if it has the means to switch from 110 volts (US) to 230-240 Volts for UK use in view of the American power lead supplied.

Then you could presumably use a normal monitor power lead or cut the US plug off and attach a UK mains plug.

If it doesn't have a 110/240 Volts switch, it could be possible that you have been sold something which is not suitable for its purpose, i.e. to work on a UK mains supply.

But I doubt a reputable firm would sell a mains powered product if it wasn't intended for UK applications.

Why not contact them direct?

M4D 14:19 21 Nov 03

click here

Here's the lik for the monitor on the manufacturer page, It says ..

Power Source - Universal 100~240 Vac, 50Hz / 60Hz
Power Consumption - 130 Watts (Max.)
EPA ENERGY STARr - Yes
Video Signal Connectors - 15-pin mini D-sub Male

After your coment Stuartli, That says to me that it's ok but i just wanted ot check first as you well understand it wouldn't be good gaming to blow it up on first power on lol ..

Anymore comments very welcome before i attempt to power it up !! ;)

M4D 16:20 21 Nov 03

I picked up the power lead :S

I put it in :S

And it's sound ;)

Thanks for yur help guys ...

Stuartli 16:25 21 Nov 03

As electricity can be lethal when used incorrectly it's best to be absolutely sure first...:-)

Good viewing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…