Monitor "pincushioning"(?).

Countryreverie 20:44 13 Oct 03

I have just been given an old monitor(to say the least). It's a Panasonic TX-1713MAB.It works perfectly except that the outer bounderies of the picture area are not straight,they curve inwards up to about 2-3mm at the middle. The buttons for broadening and widening the picture area do just that but do not affect the curve. Is there anything I can do or is it just a sign of it's age? Thanks in anticipation.
Andy

MAJ 20:47 13 Oct 03

There is a "pin cushion" button on some monitors, Countryreverie, not on your's then??

Diemmess 21:15 13 Oct 03

I hope that if you push every button you can see so to speak, you will find one that presents a menu. Originally there were a few dedicated ones-brighter, darker, up a bit, down a bit, and that was about all. If that is what you have then you are stuck.

Funny though that TV used to have a range of adjustments and they seem to have disappeared altogether now, at least from the outside.

BarryKeith 21:20 13 Oct 03

Most of the more recent TV's use preset electronic controls that sense component changes and compensate automatically, so the old manual presets are no longer needed.

Countryreverie 22:44 13 Oct 03

Hmm,I seem to have run out of buttons and no menu.All of them seem to be dedicated to movement and brightness except one which is set flush and has a logo , a vertical oval with a circle within it and to the upper part. Can't see any effect when I press it though, hope it's not dangerous!! Thanks anyway but I'm starting to think I'm stuck with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…