monitor picture on its side ??

acein1 12:18 13 Mar 08

help please my mats monitor picture has gone wonky "its on its side" as a result of letting his grandson play on it any ideas please

keef66 12:23 13 Mar 08

right click on an empty bit of desktop and choose Properties

I'm guessing somewhere in there you'll find settings to rotate the display.

On my pc at home which has an Nvidia graphics card it's called NV rotate I think

keef66 12:26 13 Mar 08

Properties / Settings / Advanced

acein1 12:33 13 Mar 08

thanks ill try that

acein1 13:21 13 Mar 08

hi he has tried what you suggested,properties,settings etc ,but cannot see any option to rotate the monitor ?? any more help appreciated thanks

Acx 13:36 13 Mar 08

Try Ctrl-Alt-Right arrow or Ctrl-Alt-left arrow

or

Start > Control Panel > Display > Settings >Advanced
after that it depends on your graphics card. There may be a tab with your graphics card on it (eg GeForce Intel etc).

xania 14:31 13 Mar 08

Does this occur from the firat BIOS screen of only in Windows. Of the former, I suspect you will need to tak ea look at your monitor menu and look there for a facitlty to rotate the screen. You will now be using the buttons on the fron tof the monitor and would not need to swtich on the computer because the <No signal> words would also be on its side.

keef66 14:32 13 Mar 08

Is this a laptop or a desktop?

If a laptop, the make and model would be useful. They often have different keyboard commands for this kind of thing, depending on the manufacturer

dopeman1992 14:45 13 Mar 08

asll you've got to do is pess ctrl+alt up arrow and then it'll be sorted :)

acein1 17:47 13 Mar 08

thanks all sorted ctrl+alt & up arrow did the trick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…