monitor out of focus

bigboab y 10:08 20 Jan 03
  bigboab y 10:08 20 Jan 03

Literally overnight my monitor (LG systemworks 775) has gone out of focus.. My immediate reaction was the monitor is nacked... but when I go into "device manager" there is a yellow exclamation mark against "systemboard extension for pnp bios"... when I open this,I get a window saying"this device is causing a resource con flict(code15)"... then .. "to resolve con flict click hardware trouble shooter" ... I do this and nothing happens...can this be causing the poor focus ... or is the monitor truly nacked ?.. any advice gratefully received.

jazzypop 11:32 20 Jan 03

Delete the pnp bios entry in device manager, and reboot. When Windows reloads, it should re-install the necessary drivers automatically.

OBE-1 18:50 20 Jan 03

if what jazzypop does not work try looking at you refresh rate of you monitor it may well of reset itself this happens some times

bigboab y 20:17 20 Jan 03

Tried the monny on another puter.. just the same.. woozy picture.. last act of a desperate man !!! is the focus adjustable from inside the monitor??? thanks OBE and jazzy pop for trying

Joe McG 20:21 20 Jan 03

bigboab y,
Go into your onscreen controls, and, try to find the degausse button,and this will let you know if its your monitor that is goosed.

bigboab y 20:26 20 Jan 03

Tried that joe no diffrence ta much

Old PC man 20:33 20 Jan 03

On the end of the CRT there should be two balance magnets, they look like ac round stick of loquorice attached to a thin metal bracket. As a last resort you may be able to reset the "focus" to an acceptable level by fine tuning the position of these two balancers,but beware, under no circumstances should you switch the monitor ON when your fiddling in the back of it. There are some seriously high voltages in there (and not just 240v) and a death in the family won't endear you to your loved ones for the price of a new monitor.
These balancer magnets are very sensitive and it's a skilled job getting them right.

Don't forget, keep it switched off if you're going in there.

bigboab y 20:39 20 Jan 03

Nahhhhh my man had this monny for three years plus... now using a friends 15 incher and it is so lively and bright... think my old one was slowly working its ticket... I'll save some pennies and invest in a new one.. dont like high voltages either thanks for trying for me opc man

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…