Monitor not displaying correctly

Bobby237 22:15 06 Mar 05

My monitor has always been working fine, however when I switched on today, does not seem to display correctly. Hard to explain, but the visible area I can see on screen seems to start at top right, curve in towards the middle and then curve back out to bottom right, so for example if I have a window open with a vertical scroll bar, if I scroll down, it is not straight - if I scrolled down from top to bottom, the scroll bar would curve inwards then back out. No idea why but hasn't been a problem before and is very noticeable. All was ok this morning and noticed this problem when I logged on this evening. PC has been off all day in the meantime. What can I check?

VoG II 22:27 06 Mar 05

You need to try substitution as this could be either your graphics card or the monitor.

Can you try your monitor on another PC or another monitor on yours?

Bobby237 23:07 06 Mar 05

I've tried taking out the graphics card and putting it back (same graphics card) but no difference. Will have to try to borrow a monitor tomorrow and give that a go. But basically does it sound like a hardware fault with either the monitor itself or graphics card?

Is your monitor CRT or TFT?

Most CRT monitors allow you to change the curviture of the image within the geometry menu tool although getting it right can be quite difficult.

Wak 09:44 07 Mar 05

As [email protected] says, most CRT monitors allow you to alter the shape of the picture between Barrel and Pin-cushion.
I suggest you check you monitor manual and find out about the various controls.

Bobby237 12:37 07 Mar 05

It is CRT, fairly old monitor. Don't have a manual for it, and it doesn't even have an on screen menu. It just has a series of LEDs which correspond to the different settings with 3 buttons - a select, + and -. I've tried every combination of these to adjust it but cannot get rid of the 'curve.' It had been working fine and I had not made any adjustments from the last time I used the monitor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…