Monitor Mystery!!

andywg 16:45 10 Sep 03

I have installed some more memory on a friend's Daewoo computer (bit of a dinosaur!) But now when I went to test it on my flat screen monitor, nothings coming up!

It just says on the screen, no input signal.

I have not been near the graphics card, could it be the computer is just too old for modern monitors?

Any advice would be useful....

Barrie_G 17:12 10 Sep 03

what operating system is on it?

andywg 17:17 10 Sep 03

its on windows 98

Diemmess 17:21 10 Sep 03

The memory may not be compatible, have you tried going back to "before"?

andywg 17:26 10 Sep 03

yes, it made no difference at all im afraid

rickf 17:29 10 Sep 03

could it be that your settings are out of range for the monitor. Check the native resolution of your tft and set your settings of the graphocs accordingly.

andywg 17:33 10 Sep 03

Am not quite with you on that one!

rickf 17:38 10 Sep 03

TFT monitors have native resolutions at which they function best. If you set your settings under display too high for the monitor to cope, it may display the message that you get. Find out what the native resoltions for your monitor are from your manual and then set your settings under display accordingly. You may have to use a crt monitor for this test as yours is not shoiwing anything on screen so your can't change it. Hope you get me now.

andywg 17:45 10 Sep 03

Ah I see, sorry to be a bit thick! will try that.......

Any more suggestions please feel free.

Thanks....

Dae 23:13 10 Sep 03

TFT screens do not always function best at their native resolution, it seems.

PC Advisor, in the current edition, reports that a ViewSonic VP191b is worst at its native resolution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…