Monitor for my laptop is not working,please help

richyboi 11:59 25 Jul 04

I've had this monitor connected to my laptop due to the laptop screen breaking.I've had it connected for about 2 months and the other day i disconnected the monitor andthen 24 hours later reconnected it again and now the monitor light goes green and then a click is heard as if it were to come on, but then the light goes orange meaning it has switched off. I have tried the laptop connected to another monitor and the exact same thing happened.I can just about read what to do on my laptop screen if i look really close. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

jonnytub 12:05 25 Jul 04

it sounds like the video card has gone kaput in your laptop, can you start in safe mode and if so what happens to the monitors then. (os??)

richyboi 12:26 25 Jul 04

Sorry i can't do that, but there's now been a development. The monitor now comes on at the main screen without touching it, but still goes off after about 5 seconds.

richyboi 13:04 25 Jul 04

A little more info if it is going to help....
I've had this problem before when i disconnected the lead and i eventually sorted it out by doing the process in a certain order, such as laptop on, monitor on and then connect the two(something like that), but i can't remember that order anymore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…