Monitor Menu stuck on screen when PC starts up

collinsc 18:47 15 Oct 07

On occasion (2 in 10) when we start the PC the Monitor Menu appears in the center of the screen- and we cant get rid of it (tried the monitor menu buttons). we either have to restart it and get lucky or work around it!

any suggestions?

thanks

collinsc 08:11 16 Oct 07

no-one!?

LAP 08:36 16 Oct 07

Is this recent? Have you installed any software?
Have you tried a system restore?

xania 08:53 16 Oct 07

I assume that you have a desktop and not a laptop. I also assume this problem occurs during the POST - not just once Windows starts installing - which implies that you have a problem with the monitor itself rather than anywhere else(what happens if you just switch on the monitor and not the PC). I don't have a specific solution - in fact I suspect the problem could deteriorate with time - but I doubt you'll dop any good from switching off the PC, but you could benefit from switching off the monitor and switching on again after about 30 seconds.

€dstowe 09:10 16 Oct 07

Check to see if the connectors are fully secured - computer end and monitor end.

collinsc 17:22 16 Oct 07

it is a PC.
We had a motherboard issue a while back and it was "professionally" corrected - i think it started happening after this.

im not sure if ive tried switching the monitor on and off- i will try- but personally i think its a motherboard issue..

ta

xania 09:18 17 Oct 07

If you are right then you will need to speak to your 'professional' about what he did that may have resulted in this phenomenon - its certainly not something I've come across before. However, if you can, try the monitor on a different PC and see if you clear the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…