//some 3rd party need geo

Monitor makes noise when displaying white.

Gaz W 18:38 25 Sep 04

I have purchased a refurbished 17" Dell E771P CRT monitor - only temporary until I can get a better one of course.

The problem is, I have noticed that when I have white on the screen, i.e. when all pixels are on, it makes a sort of a humming/electrical noise, which is much worse when first switched on especially when it's cold like it is now. It only happens when displaying white, and it gets louder with a full screen of white. I've tested this by maximising white windows (e.g. Notepad) etc, and it definitely doesn't like white!

If I display a full screen of red, green or blue there is no problem.

Should I be thinking about returning the monitor? It's got about two months left out of the 90 day warranty but if it's not serious, or there is a way I can fix it, I might just put up with it.

It's running at 1024x768 @ 85Hz (any less than that and I can see the flickering).

Gaz W 18:40 25 Sep 04

Sorry - didn't finish typing my posting! I should have mentioned that it seems to happen at any refresh rate and resolution. Anyway any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Gaz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…