Monitor and Laptop Set-up

Rocketeer 19:53 PM 03 Jul 11

Hello, I'm looking for advice. I'm about to purchase a new laptop and unsure how best to meet my viewing requirements. A 15" laptop is ideal for my travelling around. However at home I prefer using a large screen especially for multimedia work.

Should I go for a 15" laptop and separate 22" monitor or forget the monitor and go for a 17" laptop? With a separate monitor, how long can I expect it to be current before being superceded by better newer monitors?

Ian in Northampton 20:38 PM 03 Jul 11

It depends how much you value portability. A 15" laptop will always be much more portable than a 17" - and, in many ways, 17" is something of a compromise in screen terms anyway. I think, based on what you say, I'd go for the smaller screen size laptop.

Don't worry about the external monitor. Anything you buy today will be good for a long time - there aren't that many innovations taking place in the monitor market. You'll get it cheaper in the future, of course - but that's the technology market for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…