Monitor keeps shutting down?

barca1 11:41 26 Mar 08

Hi all ive got a monitor that keeps giving me a black screen after 3 seconds but the on button keeps "on" telling me it might be a video card issue ive done this to check it but to no avail:

1)checked the fans, all clean and running. The video card isn't built into the motherboard.

2)taken the Video Card out & replaced it (With the same one) but just to make sure its in correctly

3)checked my monitor leads & there fine.

anyone help me please.???

Jak_1 11:45 26 Mar 08

What type of monitor, CRT or Flat panel? How old is the monitor? Have you checked the monitor leads, both power and the vga/dvi leads?

barca1 11:59 26 Mar 08

Hi "Jak_1" thankx

ive checked the leads there all fine & the monitor is a tft..

Jak_1 13:01 26 Mar 08

If you can, try the monitor on another pc, if the same thing happens then the monitor is faulty, if it is ok then the graphics card is suspect or the psu.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:12 26 Mar 08

Suspect you have your refresh rate set too high.

Try booting to safe mode and drop the refresh rate if you can get the screen up.

barca1 17:09 26 Mar 08

OK ive located the problem, Its the Monitor i did what Jak_1 Asked me to do & ive swapped the monitor with my wifes on her pc & its done exactly the same it gives me a black screen after 3 seconds,So where does this leave me please.???
is my monitor dead..? could it be just a fuse..?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 26 Mar 08

Unplug from PC

You should get No signal message.

there should be a "menu" button to press on the monitor.

See what you can reset in there.

barca1 17:40 26 Mar 08

Fruit Bat /\0/\ thankx it just says "check video cable connection with pc"..???? i cant get a menu up..?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…