Monitor Kaput

Davella 22:02 31 Aug 03

Hello
My monitor (15")is 5 yrs old and has packed in (no power) Would Degaussen(?)it work, or is it for the bin? Is it cheaper to buy another or get it fixed? Currently using the kids 14" 12yr old Compaq Monitor with about a 10" picture and 256 cols. Not recommended. Still better than nowt I suppose.
DAVELLA

krypt1c 22:08 31 Aug 03

It's not with the effort. You can get CRT monitors for relatively little cost these days. Have a look here for models / prices
click here

smiddy 22:11 31 Aug 03

de-gauss onlt gets rid of the static built up on the back of the crt

sgtdibble 22:56 31 Aug 03

if don't like shopping online you could try a computer fair I have seen some very reasonable prices for both new and used >>>

krypt1c 23:05 31 Aug 03

Here's a link for computer fairs. click here

Peverelli 23:12 31 Aug 03

You can get a second hand monitor for as little as £20 (although there's no guarantee that it'll live for long). Repairing it isn't really woth the hassle (or money).

sil_ver 23:14 31 Aug 03

You wouldn't be able to degauss it if it's got no power. Go on, be a devil, buy a new 17" one. Silly question perhaps, it's not just a blown mains fuse?

Davella 12:08 01 Sep 03

Hello
Thank you all for your advise. Seems like a new 17" one then. That'll please er indoors!
Cheers all
DAVELLA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…