monitor is it dying

canard 13:51 19 Nov 06

Suddenly the monitor pic flashes on and off. Currently Switching monitor off and then on again works but maybe only temporary. So is my monitor dying?
Also if I get a panel monitor for my WIN98 SE will it be a prob to install? Advice welcome and needed.

Goolie 15:01 19 Nov 06

Is this a CRT monitor or a TFT? Does the power LED go off or change to amber when picture goes off?

citadel 18:26 19 Nov 06

if it a crt it has the same symtems as my recently deceased tv.

canard 00:10 20 Nov 06

Goolie it's an old CRT monitor and yes the light goesambe when it goes off.

Goolie 05:34 20 Nov 06

It's more than likely to be the monitor which is faulty, but it could also be a graphics card or mainboard fault. Only way to prove this is to try a different monitor. Should be no problem installing TFT monitor using Win98SE. Most makes have drivers for all operating systems.

canard 19:52 21 Nov 06

Thankyou all-it was the monitor. New Samsung Syncmaster 913BM up and running. Magic software doesn't work on WIN98SE so adjusting colour brightness etc with NVIDIA - none too successfuly- metallic sheen -pretty but hard on eyes- any ideas?

Totally-braindead 20:27 21 Nov 06

It depends on what the problem is. If its too bright then you should be able to alter that with the onscreen controls as well as altering contrast.
If its the writing you have a problem with then try Clear Type Tuning from Microsoft click here

canard 16:15 23 Nov 06

TBD thanks- seem to have got it sorted- just getting used to how different pics look- hard to know which version is/was more accurate!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced