Monitor Internet Usage

chaztait 20:28 14 Mar 05

Hi i just upgraded to NTLs 2MB broadband and i wanted to know if there are any free software out there or if NTL have the software to monitor my usage as i have a 1GB limit and i dont really want to go over that. I would not be as concerned but i am running to computers on the one modem so..double the download rate.

Can anyone tell me if there are any programmes for my needs?

thanxs

chaztait

jagx400 21:18 14 Mar 05

I am on NTL as well so gonna bounce this

wint 21:31 14 Mar 05

It's not free but DU Meter click here does just what you want.

It is free for 30 days evaluation and then US$19.95 to register.

If there is a free one, I'd like to know too.

Wint

glen2409 21:32 14 Mar 05

Hi,

I'm on NTL and upgraded to 2mb. I use this program click here

Jak_1 21:34 14 Mar 05

On a google search all seem to only monitor time on line and not download anount. Up until now there has been little use for one.

What isp's have done is advertised like fury to get peeps on to broadband but took litle heed of server capacity hence download restrictions where we never has them before. They only think of profits!

Only 1GB usage for 2Mb! Sheesh that's low! I could use that in one day! I think I will stick with my 512 unlimited for now, still getting a good speed from it and a lot depends on how fast/slow the servers you connect to operate at. Having a higher download bandwidth won't allways give a faster download speed that is noticable.

glen2409 21:37 14 Mar 05

Netmeter I provided the link monitors upload and download and can monitor daily,weekly and monthly. It provides reports on all and you can set it to warn you when you near a limit you set.

best of all it's free!!!

dogbreath1 21:39 14 Mar 05
  chaztait 21:46 14 Mar 05

hey thanxs alot for that last post!

thanxs everyone

a just love this forum LOL!

wjrt 22:20 14 Mar 05
  oscar cat 23:08 14 Mar 05

Try this one great for producing detailed reports click here and its free.

russmini 23:30 14 Mar 05

Just adding to my posts to try all out at variuos times

thankyou..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…