Monitor interference when charging laptop

Chris327 16:04 25 Sep 07

Hi all

I have a Philips Freevents laptop.
I recently purchased a Samsung widescreen 19" LCD (SyncMaster 940BW) for use on my desktop system, but thought it'd be useful to dual screen with my laptop too when needed.

Dual screening all works fine except one little problem. When the laptop is charging/running off the mains, the monitor gets interference presumably from the battery charging (as soon as i plug the cable into the laptop this happens. If it isn't plugged in, but the mains are switched on there is no effect). There's little scrolling lines on the monitor...which gets very annoying when concentrating on work or watching a movie.

I was wondering if you guys knew of any settings i can use to stop this sort of interference?

Thanks in advance
Chris

ambra4 19:42 25 Sep 07

Is the power supply unit close to the monitor on sitting on the floor

It look like mains interferance fron the power supply unit not the battery charging

Move the power supply unit away from the monitor

Chris327 20:53 25 Sep 07

Thanks for the response but this doesn't appear to be the case. the power supply unit is on the floor. it doesn't matter where i move it to, it's only once the cable is plugged into the laptop that there's any interference. Any more suggestions please? :(

ambra4 22:51 25 Sep 07

Have you removed the battery and just run from the power supply

If you do no get any interference than it the charging circuit in the laptop that is causing the interference

You will need to get it checked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…