Monitor Help Please!!!!

Neo_0147 19:09 11 Apr 03

Hi,

Ive just bought a new monitor, an 17" LG F700B but the problem is, when I turned it on, at both sides of the screen and near the bottom it is a green colour. In the middle of the screen its fine though.

Thanks for any input.

sbond 19:14 11 Apr 03

I assume this is a CRT?

You haven't got any unshielded speakers or other magnetic field sources situated near these areas?

Dr. Charles 20:37 11 Apr 03

Maybe if there are no magnetic speakers about as suggested above you could just Degausse it as it might have been affected by something in transit

Regards

Charles

Neo_0147 18:48 12 Apr 03

There are no speakers or anything magnetic around it.

Taurus 19:23 12 Apr 03

Go on be a devil, try a degauss anyway!

Neo_0147 13:25 13 Apr 03

whats a degauss?

Dr. Charles 14:32 13 Apr 03

There should be a menu on startup or you should be able to obtain one to set up this monitor to adjust the contrast, brightness etc. You will see degauss - - -do that and it should solve your problem

Regards

Charles

Neo_0147 15:45 13 Apr 03

oh right, the colour is like when magnets have been near it or whatever, that type of colour.

Any ideas?

Dr. Charles 22:51 13 Apr 03

Have you tried the degauss as suggested? Yes if you have magnets near your CRT it will divert your colours and this is what was said earlier.

You say there is nothing magnetic near your monitor, so please try the degauss method to get a result.

Report back here what you HAVE done this please !!!

I shall view this tomorrow.

Charles

woodchip 22:58 13 Apr 03

Have you ajusted the size Hight and Width

Dr. Charles 09:32 14 Apr 03

Looked today and nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…