Monitor help

julas64 12:34 18 Dec 08

Hi please can anyone advise me. Ive just bought a new Samsung 2032BW monitor for my son for xmas. I ordered it online and checked all the specs. Now it has arrive it says its certified for Windows Vista on the box. His OS is Windows home, have i made a mistake or will it work on this system. I thought you could use any monitor with any system. Many Thanks

recap 12:42 18 Dec 08

You haven't made a mistake julas64, monitors these days will work with any operating system.

pompyx 12:47 18 Dec 08

Don't worry about it Julas64 read below

"Vista certification on monitors is primarily a marketing gimmick to spur monitor sales. In fact, the press releases monitor vendors sent out announcing their Vista certification, were suspiciously vague on details. The only clear thing is that certification leads consumers to believe that if they’re going to run Vista, they need to buy a specially designated monitor.

There is nothing about Vista that requires any unique monitor technology. An LCD certified as Vista Basic or Works with Vista won’t give you anything more than a similarly spec’d LCD that’s not certified."

pompyx 12:48 18 Dec 08

Sorry recap, you beat me to it.

ambra4 12:54 18 Dec 08

“Now it has arrive it says it’s certified for Windows Vista on the box. His OS is Windows home?”

I take it that you mean XP

The OS doesn’t matter with regard to the type of monitor just marketing foolish for the non-technical person

The monitor will work on all OS from Windows 3.1 – to the new Windows 7 when released next year

recap 12:58 18 Dec 08

Not at all pompyx, your posting gives more information for future reference to others.

julas64 16:13 18 Dec 08

Many thanks everyone. I can stop worrying now. Merry xmas to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…