Monitor help!

charliedup 19:37 28 Jul 04

Hi all.

I have a Relisys monitor which is playing up. I am running XP and recently the monitor loses it's picture. Just a black screen. The green light is on, but no picture... If I swith the PC off and turn off at the mains and leave it for an hour or two, it comes back on, only for it to go off again in 1 maybe 2 maybe 5 hours.... then it goes again. I have downloaded new drivers for my graphics card but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

Thanks,

bremner 19:52 28 Jul 04

Two things spring to mind

1. Graphics card overheating and shutting down - have you checked it has good airflow and /or fan id spinning properly with no fluff or other debris obstructing airflow.

2. The monitor is knackered. Have you tried another to see if the same occurs?

charliedup 20:51 28 Jul 04

Tried another monitor, same response. I haven't cleaned out the back of the PC yet though. Also I have had the whole place decorated and the dust has been unbelievable.... I wonder if that could be the cause?

Looks like a spring clean of the pc is due!

Thanks for the tip bremner

woodchip 21:05 28 Jul 04

Graphics card problem if you get the prob with different Monitor

woodchip 21:06 28 Jul 04

Try removing and reseating the CARD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…