//some 3rd party need geo

Monitor Help!!

Seth064 02:11 28 Jul 04

Hi there,

I was sitting browsing hte net last night when all off a sudden my monitor display turned to a green tint, making everything look alot greener than it should.

So far the things I have tried are -
change the colour profiles, reinstalled my graphics card, using a program that installed with my graphics card I mucked about with colour settings. None of these have worked.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening. My monitor is only 1 1/2 years old. I hope it has conked out on me already asit was only on a years warranty!

Anyhelp or advice would be appreciated.

Thnx.

Djohn 02:26 28 Jul 04

Not too familiar with monitors but it does seem like one of the colour guns has failed. Please wait for further confirmation on this though.

Couple of things to try are, have you got a degauss button on your monitor,if so give that a press, see if it helps. If you can try your monitor on someone else's system it will establish if it's the monitor or your card.

Are you sure you only have a 12 month warranty? Even though most systems come with 12 months, the monitor is usually separate with a 3 year warranty.

Post back with the make/model of system and the monitor and was it bought from one of the well known suppliers? It's OK to name them in your thread.

hillybilly 03:01 28 Jul 04

Hate to say this but I'm 99.9% sure thats a colour gun gone, it will probably work for ever more but you will have that sort of green wash.

I used to work inaplace hwere they used to repair monitors, but they stopped 2 years ago, said that it is not cost effective and if they go they told their customers to buy a new one.

Having said all that I agree with Djohn, you should dig out the warranty on you monitor and have a study, bet it's 3 years!

AndySD 04:10 28 Jul 04

What is the make/model of the monitor??

Seth064 11:17 28 Jul 04

Packard Bell / A727

Seth064 11:21 28 Jul 04

I also tried the degauss on the monitor but nothin has happened.

Also my warranty only mentions the specs of my pc and says that it was only 1 years (on-site) warranty. Cant see anything about my monitor.

If you open your PC doesnt that drop your warranty?

jonnytub 11:27 28 Jul 04

Monitors usually come with 1 years on site and 2 years rtb (return to base). I think we can safely say it's kaput, i think that you should explore the avenue of your warranty, even though you think it is out of warranty, you still may be able to get it repaired or replaced by PB, i understand that these days, products should be expected to last a reasonable length of time before dying, as your monitor has. I'm sure there is some sort of law or manufacturer guideline to support this. Your monitor was clearly designed to last longer than 18 months so maybe it's worth a go.

jonnytub 11:27 28 Jul 04

make / model is usually found on a sticker on the back of the monitor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…