Monitor has stopped going to standby.

chub_tor 12:15 02 Mar 07

Not so long ago my TFT moitor (AOC LM720) used to turn itself off after 20 minutes of inactivity. Now it has stopped doing that and I can't figure out why. I have checked the BIOS Power Management settings for my ECS NForce3-A Motherboard and the Control Panel Power Options and they seem to be correctly set. Anyone have any other ideas as to what may have caused the monitor to stay on?

chub_tor 12:18 02 Mar 07

And I have also checked the settings panel for my NVidia GeForce FX5500 but can't see any power standby settings there.

chub_tor 18:55 02 Mar 07

Thought that I would bump this up once more just to see if anyone has an idea that I could try.

Ashrich 20:33 02 Mar 07

Try upgrading the graphics drivers , or has this happened after an upgrade ? .Is there anything running in the background that keeps looking for updates ?

Ashley

chub_tor 14:17 03 Mar 07

It's possible that it has happened since I changed the graphics driver, I can roll back and see if that changes things. As far as I am aware nothing is looking for updates. Appreciate the reply.

Ashrich 18:20 03 Mar 07

Let us know what happens when you roll back ....

Ashley

chub_tor 18:26 07 Mar 07

Rolling back the driver made no difference so I'm still stumped as to why it doesn't turn off. When I get time I will change monitors and see what happens.

chub_tor 19:28 09 Mar 07

Will mark this as cleared. It must be the monitor at fault as I have swapped my AOC one for my wife's Digimate temporarily and lo and behold it goes into standby.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant