Monitor has a blue tinge over the screen.

My brothers PC has been acting up. Switched it off one night OK. Went to start it up the next day, the monitor would not work. No power light. Swopped monitors over, but windows would not load. Gets to the windows logo then restarted. Eventually managed to get in and had a message about the ATI Control centre not being able to load. Set the graphics card to minimum acceleration and it worked. I reinstalled his drivers for him. Now in a matter of days, the perfectly good monitor now has a blue hue to the screen.

What is going on? Any idea. Two monitors is a bit much. Can a graphics card blow a monitor?

GaT7 18:38 21 Nov 05

Have you tried another working graphics card?

I've a similar problem (with all sorts of tints) but I think the cause is different in my case - most probably a dodgy monitor cable. If I twist the cable, near the monitor's connector (the part that plugs into the graphics card) to the 'correct' position, it's OK. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…