Monitor / graphics card problem?

Brazils 23:25 19 Jul 04

I have had a problem with my monitor not retaining it's geometry settings, and this has been discussed on other threads.

After many weeks, and four repair attempts, Mitsubishi finally replaced my monitor. Thank you.

Guess what...

The problem is still there!

I have now contacted Mesh, and they want me to send the tower to them under their guarantee, as they think it might be the graphics card.

I was told when I purchased the PC that the warranty was "collect and return". Surely if I have to pay the costs and send it to them it's "return to base". This was an important deciding factor when I made the purchase.

I have offered to fit a replacement card if they send it to me. Mesh refused. They also say that if they find nothing wrong, I will be charged £65 a VAT !

What now?

hillybilly 23:53 19 Jul 04

You don't say how old the pc is, but if you have it on paper that it is supposed to be collect & return and you are within the warrantry period, you should be speaking to your Local Trading Standards Office. Normall y via the local concil.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…