Monitor gone all fuzzy

Mjones68 11:00 18 Jan 11

Hi can someone please help me.

I purchased a 19” Monitor for my notebook computer about a year ago, plugged it in and after playing around with the ‘Display’ settings on the control panel for a frustrating couple of hours, I was able to get a crystal clear display on the Monitor, which of course being much bigger than my notebooks screen, displayed a great deal more information.

A couple of days ago, I accidentally let the notebook’s battery go flat, whilst still connected to the monitor in the evening. The next day, after plugging in the mains lead, the screen on the monitor had changed to larger more fuzzy characters. I’ve played around endlessly with the ‘Display’ setting on the control panel, but I just can’t get it back to a good setting and the display now looks fuzzy.

It clearly worked before. Does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks very much

Mikey T

birdface 11:30 18 Jan 11

Maybe a system restore to when it was working ok.
Try looking in device manager to see if there is any yellow exclamation marks beside any of the drivers.

gengiscant 12:15 18 Jan 11

Maybe obvious, but check your connections both ends.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…