Monitor going into sleep mode

Colinearwaker 13:31 15 Apr 03

I have a pc running windows 98 and 2000 dual booting using a ATI rage pro graphics card. The problem is that when using windows 98 SE the computer seems to go into standby mode for no reason whatsoever after a small amount of use. The only way to get around this is to reboot the PC. I have tried disabling all my power settings through the display properties but nothing seems to work. Strangely when using windows 2000 everything works okay. This makes me think that the problem is a software problem and not a hardware problem. Can anyone help?

cycoze 14:03 15 Apr 03

You say "I have tried disabling all my power settings through the display properties " .

I may be misunderstanding this , but , have you not tried "Power Management" in Control Panel ? Set Power Scheme to always on , then set "turn off monitor" and "turn off hard disks" to never .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…