monitor goes into standbye

john1000 19:51 22 Aug 04

i have a problem with a friends computer i am trying to resolve it is quite old 266 cpu 4 gig hard drive 8mb video he has ran a game on it for a couple of months but now it wont run if you start the game the monitor clicks goes off and nothing is displayed you have got to restart to get the picture back it is running windows 95 which i dont know much about but if i go to direct x folder and click it the same thing happens i think it has direct x 7.0 installed but cant see a way of checking help much apprecited

Gongoozler 20:44 22 Aug 04

I don't know Windows 95 very well, but it is possible that Direct X 7 is not compatible. In Windows 98 you can click Start - Run dxdiag to find what version it is running, but I don't know if you can do this in Windows 95. I think the fact that the monitor goes into Standby when you run the game indicates that the game is trying to do something illegal with the graphics card, which then stops sending a valid signal to the monitor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…