monitor goes into sleep mode

Diodorus Siculus 21:01 30 Sep 05

Upon boot up, my friend's monitor goes into sleep mode immediately. That is on a clean install of XP with a GEForce fx5200 and an LG tft.

It has the latest drivers from nvidia as well as latest windows updates / direct X 9.0c

The machine dual boots with Win2k and there is no problem with that.

Booting into VGA mode does the same; booting into safe mode allows it to boot and the drivers can be removed and reinstalled.

Any thoughts welcome as I am lost.

Thanks as always, Dio

Totally-braindead 21:50 30 Sep 05

The only idea that comes to mind since you say that it goes into sleep mode immediatly is that there is some sort of power option in the BIOS that may be causing this. I presume you've checked the power options in control panel.

GaT7 22:08 30 Sep 05

Tell him/her to try earlier driver versions click here. G

Stuartli 22:22 30 Sep 05

Have you also checked Display Properties (right click on empty space on Desktop) Properties>ScreenSaver tab>Power button>Power Schemes tab to check if the Turn Off Monitor setting is not set for too short a time?

Diodorus Siculus 12:52 01 Oct 05

No luck with any of the above - tried older drivers, nothing in the bios, no ower saving options set.

Convinced her to do a clean install of Win2k and stick with it! Sorry to be a wimp!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…