monitor goes off has a mind of its own

clubbincuties 20:36 23 Jan 03
  clubbincuties 20:36 23 Jan 03

my monitor is a new one , i bought it in december 2002. sometimes it goes black and a message comes up saying diagnostics check & theres no signal. i have to keep resetting my computer. can someone please help me and tell me why it keeps doing that.

akzah 20:42 23 Jan 03

Check the monitor lead is connected properlly to the computer as well as the power lead and check whether you have power savings enabled in windows.

clubbincuties 20:48 23 Jan 03

i have checked all cables they are fine. i have just had windows me put on , i had windows xp and since then ived had nothing but problems.

akzah 20:51 23 Jan 03

Check firstly in WinXp that its knows the Monitor, i.e does not say Plug and Play monitor as that could be cause.

Check the power saving and say never turn off Monitor. Some computers when they go into standby using WinXp then it is diffiuclt to load them back up again.

clubbincuties 21:09 23 Jan 03

thankyou for your help. but i have checked my power settings and monitor is set to never. it is plug & play . i had my comp scrubbed so i have no xp on . now its just windows me. even my keyboard has problems loading on in setup. i have to go into bios to put my keyboard on.

Never again 08:49 24 Jan 03

I had a similar problem with my monitor. Have you checked that power saving is not enabled in your bios, are your monitor drivers up to date and does you monitor also have its own menu.

recap 09:34 24 Jan 03

click here;en-us;127139 clubbincuties, it may help?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 09:37 24 Jan 03

Could try updateing G/card drivers or checking card seated properly as this is what sends signal to monitor i think.

Regards.

clubbincuties 20:40 24 Jan 03

thanks all for your help it was my graphics card i needed to upgrade driver. id bought new g/card but no driver , it kept sending wrong signals but thanks again for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5