Monitor goes into 'digital power save mode'

RSVRNuT 10:28 03 Jan 09

When using a brand new Arbico PC with Vista Home Premium installed after a short period of use the monitor goes into 'Digital power save mode' and no matter what I try to do to get the PC to wake up using the mouse, keyboard or the power button, it does nothing. The only way I can get the PC back to life is using the reset button, hardly a good thing to have to continue to do regularly.

I have checked all of the usual hardware features to ensure they are all set correctly and all appears to be fine, but still the problem persists.

I have been told by the 'Techies' @ Arbico that this is a known Vista problem, so I wondered if anyone else knew of the problem and had any suggestions for a work around?

crosstrainer 10:34 03 Jan 09

I am assuming that you have gone into power options and chosen to "Never turn off" the monitor?

If so, try downloading the latest drivers for your card.

Nvidia:

click here

ATI:
click here

Must admit, it's not a problem that I've come across before.

RSVRNuT 10:38 03 Jan 09

Crosstrainer many thanks for your suggestion / comments, but I have already tried to download the latest NVidia driver and it does not seem to have made any difference. I have also done the same with the mouse + keyboard wireless combo.
Yes I have also set the monitor to 'never', etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced