monitor frustration

paul 15:41 10 May 03

my minitor has recently developed a problem whereby a one inch strip across the bootom is now blank, no matter how I try to alter the image size i can not remove the black strip.....any advice please

i take it you tried the buttons on th front (or back) of the monitor? there sould be a button for moving thepicture up and down , you may have to use a combination of buttons , whats the make and model?

paul 16:00 10 May 03

yes tried all the buttons, no joy.......i dont know the name of manafaturer it is a 19" monitor thatw as bundled with a Tiny package a couple of years ago

DieSse 18:21 10 May 03

You have a faulty monitor then - repair or replacement will be necessary.

Steinman 18:50 10 May 03

whats your screen resolution?
Does the line go if you change it?
I had a similar problem apx 3 mths ago.
Had to change monitor in end,but screen resolution change might save ya for a while whilst you save ya £ for a new one!
The manufacturers name would probably be on a diddly panel @ rear of monitor.
Would it be possible to try another monitor just to double check its not ya windows or try your monitor on another pc?

paul 14:39 11 May 03

no screen resolution made no difference.........think i may be going to fork out some cash!

dont be so hasty . asi said you might have to find the right combination of buttons, what does Device manager say the monitor is?

paul 15:03 11 May 03

Found it - it is a Hansol monitor B19BL

wee eddie 17:02 11 May 03

As well as resizing the image, there should be the possibility of moving, to the right, left, up, or down.

I hope that this is not too simplistic a solution but not all the screen controls are necessarily obvious

BarryKeith 17:17 11 May 03

Several video cards have the option to move and resize the monitor screen image in their software, usually under "Display Properties,Settings,Advanced, Display".

i had a look at the hansol website. click here
but its possibly the worst support site i've ever seen and i couldnt find a manual for the monitor just a spec sheet .
can you get all the other functions to work via the buttons(brightness contrast imagesize?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…