Monitor Flickers

Sue100 21:12 09 Jul 07

I have just bought and new tower and loaded the same version of windows (XP)but my monitor is flickering. I've checked all the connections on the leads and I haven't changed any settings. Any ideas?? Thanks

Technotiger 21:17 09 Jul 07

Try this ... click here

recap 21:18 09 Jul 07

Is there any exclamation marks in Device Manager for the Dispaly adaptors or the Monitor?

Sue100 23:57 09 Jul 07

I have tried the refresh rate and there are not any exclamation marks in the device manager. It's not just a flicker it jumps a little too.

Technotiger 07:56 10 Jul 07

Check for a radio, fan, heater, etc. anywhere near the monitor. If there is, move it. If the monitor is under a desk or counter with a light on it, turn the light off or move the monitor away from it.
Also double check all cables/connections, if it still persists try a different monitor cable.

Technotiger 07:59 10 Jul 07

Another thought - most monitors have their own controls with buttons on the monitor, try re-setting these, particular the Auto button if it has one.

wee eddie 09:27 10 Jul 07

You have given us no idea of what your Monitor is.

We do not even know if it is CRT or TFT.

Without that knowledge all advice is likely to be a mite pointless.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…