monitor flicker

pinnicat 14:59 28 Sep 04

I have just bought Mrs a new system after the previous one showed signs of wear in amongst other things the monitor.
However the monitor on the new system still flickers...why?
is it a placement, structural or power surge (as suggested offline)problem or something else and can you please help resolve it?
thanks in anticipation....mik
p.s. it happens mostly at idle, anything "over the top" player, pic and fax probs.

Djohn 15:10 28 Sep 04

Check for Speakers too close or any desktop lamp, especially the ones with transformers in the base or any other magnetic field near the monitor.

Check the refresh rate of the monitor from right click on desktop/properties/settings/advanced/monitor. Make sire the refresh is Hertz or above. j.

Djohn 15:10 28 Sep 04

Sure! :o(

pinnicat 18:34 28 Sep 04

ok...we have checked and moved any possible magnetics including lights and speakers, but still no joy. might it be down to framework of the house, i.e. steel framed...? (not sure whether it is but let's work from there)

Djohn 18:37 28 Sep 04

No, that would not affect the monitor. Have you tried my second suggestion regarding the refresh rate as this now seems to be the most likely cause.

pinnicat 18:43 28 Sep 04

i am in there with her at mo..deej...what rate should/would be best?

Simon_P 19:46 28 Sep 04

CRT Monitor?

Refresh rate of 75 Hertz or above recomended.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…