Monitor fault

the hick 13:47 09 Jan 07

On my 17" TFT screen, it has developed the same fault 3 times in one year, a pink tinge to pictures and black band down one side of screen, as if the image is moved over to right. Each time, the maker has replaced it, under 3-year warranty. But, could it be a motherboard or graphics card fault causing this, or something else in the PC? I find it odd to have the same fault occuring 3 times. Any help much appreciated.

BRYNIT 13:50 09 Jan 07

Have you tried the Monitor on another computer.

woodchip 13:51 09 Jan 07

If a new Monitor as Corrected the Problem before that is your answer. I would be asking for a change or refund to a more reliable Monitor

jack 14:23 09 Jan 07

In old CRT monitors a strong magnetic source [Hi Fi speaker for example] near one side or another could distort colours.
Whether this type of influence can affect a LCD monitor I would not know, but is is certainly worth swapping stuff around to see if an external influence is at work here

the hick 14:26 09 Jan 07

After the screen had gone faulty, I tried it on another PC, it displayed the same fault. I get the impression, that a fault in the PC it was used with has caused the screen fault, but dont know why. I have spoken to several folks about this, but none know any reason for it.

the hick 10:11 21 Jan 07

Is there any possibility that this has been damaged in some way by being transported horizontally? Had several 4-hour trips to college, lying flat on car-seat. I have since noticed an 'upright' arrow on the box, but I dont know if this is a 'must do'. I do know that plasma TVs have to be kept upright, but monitors are TFT, and different. Any views much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant