Monitor fault

Rogerfredo 21:23 05 Sep 03

My 17in Belinea monitor recently developed a fault, in which the display width is too wide for the screen (I have to move the adjustment sideways in order to see either the left or right side of the desktop.)
There is also some pin cushion distortion.
The on screen controls will not rectify either fault, although everything else works fine, and the display is still steady and pin sharp.
I do not think that this can be too serious, but the monitor is about a year out of guarantee, and local TV repairers do not seem prepared to solve the problem. I know that a new monitor only costs about £90 at present, but it seems to be too good to scrap. Does anyone know where I could get circuit diagrams for this unit? Belinea's website has no such info.

citadel 21:38 05 Sep 03

Once monitors are playing up it is best just to get a new one. You could take the opportunity to upgrade to a 19".

woodchip 21:39 05 Sep 03

Try different refresh rates. From Right click on empty desktop choose properties\Settings\Advanced\Adapter

wee eddie 21:40 05 Sep 03

You should be able to change the width of the display.

On the distortion, its most frequently magnetic. Speakers (telephone handset) are the usual cause but a Max/Min Thermometer has probably been the weirdest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…