monitor failing to trigger at start up

yakuzadojo 08:02 28 Nov 05

Hello everyone !

I've seen this topic here before. I have almost the same problem. When I was on the internet last night my pc suddenly shut down.My PC does not trigger my monitor to start up when i press power on. I mean there is nothin on the screen.
Can anyone help me? Is it possibly because of the power?

wee eddie 08:34 28 Nov 05

and a little more about your set-up would be helpful.

mole44 11:06 28 Nov 05

i know it sounds silly,but switch of your machine and check all connections including mains power ensuring the plugs are screwed in then swith on your pc,also try plug fuses.

yakuzadojo 11:37 28 Nov 05

Actually the screen does not activate, you see nothin. Only the power led is on. The PC starts to run but it only runs, it does not activate the monitor to display anything. It does not trigger the system to activate. I guess the power, the mainbord or it may be the ram.
I switched it off many times, controlled the power cable. You mean the bios settings by referring to setup?

Mavericke 12:29 28 Nov 05

I had such a problem too. Please check the following:

(1)Memory - Make sure that they are installed
properly;
(2)Graphic card - Make sure that it is installed
peroperly and the cable is
ecurely fastened;
(3)Overclock - If you do too much of
overclocking, the pc will refuse
to bootup. Please clear your CMOS
and reboot the computer.
(4)Switch on the monitor!

Diodorus Siculus 12:33 28 Nov 05

Can you try a different monitor and try the "faulty" monitor on a different PC?

yakuzadojo 13:11 28 Nov 05

I have neither checked the memory or even the graphics card yet. I will also try the monitor with another system. Didn't have time for those.
Gonna inform you after all, thank you all for now. But don't you think it should also be smth. related with the power itself?

yakuzadojo 13:16 28 Nov 05

Well, I did checked neither the memory nor the graphics yet. I will also try the monitor with another system. Did not have time to. Thank you all for now. I'm gonna inform you after i do all. Don't you think it might also be smth. related with the power ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:38 28 Nov 05

When I was on the internet last night my pc suddenly shut down.My PC does not trigger my monitor to start up when i press power on. I mean there is nothin on the screen.

Sudden shutdown and not power up looks like either

1. PSU failure (most likely case)

2. CPU failure

3. Motherboard failure

yakuzadojo 12:07 29 Nov 05

I demounted and reattached all parts and cables on the motherboard; finally, i do not know how but it did work. Nothing seemed wrong, i guess smth were not uniformly connected. Anyway it's ok now.I appreciate your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…