monitor failing to trigger at start up

Juba brown 21:56 24 Nov 05

I have got a problem with my old computer when I switch it on. It will boot up but the monitor does not light up. I have tried to use another monitor that I know works. Same thing happens but a message says that it is in sleep mode and to press any key on the keyboard , but after doing this nothing happens, it repeats the same sentence

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:25 24 Nov 05

TRy booting to safe mode (F8 key after POST screen) and change the power saver settings.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:27 24 Nov 05

I Know you cannot see the POST screen just keep tapping F8 after you first switch on. It should boot to safe mode and the screen should kick in.

woodchip 22:36 24 Nov 05

How do you know it boots up if you cannot see the sreen? It sounds like the Power supply as gone

ACOLYTE 22:51 24 Nov 05

Might be a bad connector on the monitor cable or the g card,try looking at the pins on the cable end see if any are bent,plug it in and try wiggling it a bit.

wee eddie 00:50 25 Nov 05

So Step 1 is to re-seat the Card and check all the connections as suggested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…