Monitor displays NO SIGNAL

Woodmouse 12:21 11 Jul 03

Power unit fan makes noise - Switch off and attempt to clean fan - reinstall, computer works OK - Slight burning smell - switch off - buy new power unit and install - Switch on, computer works fine - 30min later, computer switches itself off - burning smell again. When I powered up, the power light on the tower unit continually flashes and the monitor displays NO SIGNAL. I have checked the video card and seems to be seated correctly in the motherboard. Have I damaged the motherboard or has the video card been damaged?

woodchip 12:27 11 Jul 03

Sound like the PSU again take it back for replacment and gt one that's big enough

Bodi 12:35 11 Jul 03

There are PSU's and PSU's - and some of the cheaper ones can be very dicy - had to replace one in cheap case FOUR times!

Spend a bit extra and get a decent one.

Bodi

Bodi 12:41 11 Jul 03

Once you've fitted a new PSU - if things still don't work, have you got a spare graphics card and/or memory module you can try? At least you then do a process of elimination, just in case the motherboard or anything else has been damaged.

Incidentally, a faulty power supply (regulator duff) blew up everything (bar CPU) in one of my computers.

Bodi

sil_ver 12:41 11 Jul 03

Have you been able to pinpoint from where the burning smell originates?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…