Monitor display twitches

Glyn-252301 16:38 10 Jun 03

Hi folks, I have an AMD 1.33 running Win98 SE and a Viewsonic G810 21 inch monitor. The monitor display has started to twitch on the left-hand side, it seems to shrink from the left towards the middle and jump back. The distance it jumps is never more than an inch or so and it all happens in a fraction of a second. So the overall affect is a sort of quiver. I have looked through all the on screen adjustments but nothing helps.
Hope that some one with monitor experience can point me in the right direction.

Regards to all G.

Glyn-252301 16:50 10 Jun 03

Should have mentioned that I have 2 puters using same monitor so have ruled out Graphics card as same symptoms on both puters.

Dr. Charles 16:50 10 Jun 03

Degauss it with your function button on your monitor. Also look for anything magnetic nearby

Regards

Charles

Stuartli 16:56 10 Jun 03

Dr Charles's suggestion obviously covers the possibility of an unshielded speaker being too close; another possibility, although unlikely, is a faulty/damaged/not inserted properly monitor or power lead.

Glyn-252301 17:10 10 Jun 03

Many thanks for your response, the monitor has an automatic degauss on power up, I have also used the manual onscreen deguass, have checked the leads but have not changed them , will do that to rule that out. Nothing has changed with regards to speakers being nearer, they are cambridge soundworks shielded and are over 12 inches away.
I am worried that something expensive is on the way out.

Regards G.

Glyn-252301 19:54 10 Jun 03

Refresh

Stuartli 21:30 10 Jun 03

If the problem gets worse, a good independent TV repair workshop should be able to sort it out - maybe a component is on the blink.

The reason I mentioned leads is because my iiyama 17in monitor (which also degausses each time it is switched on) began to randomly flicker and, occasionally, even switched itself off.

It turned out to be a faulty monitor cable. I contacted iiyama who immediately despatched a new one free of charge; it arrived next morning.

Glyn-252301 18:10 11 Jun 03

Thanks for that I will have to try another lead.
the flicker got so bad that I switched of in disgust and only just got back on line.

Regards G.

Glyn-252301 15:57 12 Jun 03

Has been OK for the last 12 hrs. As I have done nothing to fix it I will have to put it down to one of those things. Of course it may come back with steel toecaps knowing my luck. Anyway will tick as resolved.

Thanks to those that responded. Regards G.

Glyn-252301 18:59 21 Jun 03

Tube was up the shute, was changed under warranty for a new model. I'm very happy with that.
Regards G.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…