Monitor display size fluctuation

bios 16:10 16 Apr 03

Situation is this! Adjust display with monitor controls so that it fits screen. Fine. Turn off PC. Turn on the next day and display is too wide, so I reduce width to fit. OK. Turn off PC. Turn on the next day and the display is too narrow so I have to expand widthways to fit. OK. Turn off PC, can you see a pattern developing here? It's driving me potty. Ideas anyone?

PSF 17:53 16 Apr 03

I had a similar prblem with a Mitsibushi Diamond Pro monitor. The picture was not wide enough and so I would increase it, then it was too big. Turn on again next day and start over again.

The problem was the display had to warm up for a few minutes and then it was fine. After I found that it was ok.

One thing you could check is to see what monitor is shown in the display properties. You might need to download the *inf* file from your manufacturer.

If it set to just plug and play monitor it could give the monitor strange settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…