Monitor display regulations

ellie82 20:48 15 Dec 08

Could anyone answer the following please? I have had a search on the internet and havent found an answer.

Are there any regulations regarding the size of monitor a user should use in an office environment? I know there are regulations regarding monitor heights etc but cannot find any referring to the monitor size.

Thanks

Zak 20:59 15 Dec 08

click here

Assessment check list for display screen determines what is suitable for the individual and the job.

ellie82 21:22 15 Dec 08

very useful, although it doesnt say anything about the size restrictions, if any.

Technotiger 21:58 15 Dec 08

If you can make any sense out of this load of gobbledegook, you are a better man than I am Gunga Din!!

click here

DieSse 23:12 15 Dec 08

I can't see why it would mention size of monitor, as it mentions clear characters and suitable text size. Since these and other things can be varied independently of the monitor size, that's what you need to concentrate on - not the physical monitor size.

I would suggest that for normal data/word processing use, if buying new monitors, then 19" is by far the best size to use, based on usability and cost.

If you're assessing existing monitors, then concentrate on the text size, clarity etc.

woodchip 23:19 15 Dec 08

As DieSse
The Monitor should be user Friendly Health Wise. That means to the User

ellie82 20:30 16 Dec 08

thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now