monitor display issue

Russconn 07 May 11

Hi I am using my LG 42LH3000 LCD TV as a monitor for my Dell M65 Precision Laptop, which works fine but only as long as i have the lop top open, as soon as i close the lid of the lap top the TV goes blank.

I have tried all of the resolution settings and power options but still no Joy. Please help as this is very frustrating

onthelimit1 07 May 11

Most laptops turn off the display when the lid is closed. Unless there is a setting in power options (that you say you've tried) that answers 'what to do when the lid is closed' with 'nothing', I think you're stuck with it (there is a tiny microswitch which operates when the lid is closed).

Russconn 07 May 11

Yes I have selected "Do nothing" when the lid is closed but this doesn't work.

One thing I didn't mention is that the monitor does display the initial start up screen with the lid closed. However when it gets to the point of displaying my desktop the screen goes blank.

onthelimit1 07 May 11

On my netbook, I can select (cycle through) LCD or Monitor or Both. If you have the same system, set it to Monitor only

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message