Monitor Display Interference

skippo 10:06 12 Jun 05

I had an old 15" monitor which had what looked like diagonal signal interference lines going across it. I presumed it was the monitor screen on its way out and invested in a new LG 17" L1750SQ Flatscreen monitor. I now find it has the same distortion lines across. I removed some speakers which had been in the room (possible magnet interference) but to no avail (there is nothing else magnetic in the room). The computer has an onboard graphics processor (basic stuff) which my dad tells me might be the problem. I'm getting a new graphics card shortly anyway but I would have thought it should not affect the display to such an extent. No adjusting of the monitor's display settings can remove the lines. Any other suggestions?

Graham ® 10:14 12 Jun 05

Check the cable to the monitor is away from mains cables.

skippo 10:44 12 Jun 05

Thanks Graham - the monitor has 2 cables - one to the back of the computer and one to the mains power supply. My old 15" monitor was powered through the computer. I've tried changing these over and no difference. The monitor mains cable is plugged into a 4 outlet mains board which also has the adsl modem plug in it. It is not near any other mains cables but the computer link cable is obviously close to the computer mains supply cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…