Monitor Display

cgh 12:52 PM 03 May 11

I run Windows Vista home premium and an Advent 19" back light monitor.

There is a problem with the display the icons are dispalyed on a black background and the normally blue background of the screensaver is only part displayed. Also when the screen starts up it flashes different colours until I switch the screen off and on.

The display of the screen:the type has decreased without me changing it

I have tried the following to no avail contact with Pc World and the helpdesk and Acer.

Acer suggested that the screen was at fault however running the safe mode mode and system restore returned the icons and screen display but with the safe mode resolution. I am not able to replicate this resolution to normal mode

System restore run in safe mode/F8 /F3 uninstalling the monitor.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

wee eddie 14:36 PM 03 May 11

Have you got a Graphics Card in your PC. If so it may be worth re-seating it or it may be becoming Faulty.

Turn off > Open up > Take it out > Put it back in > Turn back on.

Safe Mode usually reverts to the On-Board Graphics.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:08 PM 03 May 11

Safe mode reverts to the base mode of whatever graphics device is enabled in BIOS, otherwise you would have to swap the cable from your graphics card the on board graphics port every time you went into safe mode :0)

If its OK in safe mode then you probably have a driver problem.

Uninstall and reinstall the graphics drivers.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…