Monitor details and drivers

countryboy 11:02 11 May 03

In windows 98 when I clicked display properties/settings/advance/monitor, the make and model number of the monitor connected to the sustem was displayed. Now that I have moved up to Windows XP all tht I get is that a "Plug and Play" monitor is connected. Any one know why, and how do I get it to recognize the monitor type. Also is there any drivers available for Mitac flat panel displays. Thanks in advance.

jazzypop 11:17 11 May 03

Go to click here for Mitac drivers.

The reason that Windows is displaying Plug and Play" monitor is simply because you have not provided it with the correct driver. The Mitac site will list the correct driver (also known as an '.inf' file, for monitors).

Simply download the correct driver (or find it onthe floppy or CD provided when you bought the monitor), go to display properties/settings/advance/monitor again, choose 'Update Driver',and point Windows to the location of the .inf file

DieSse 11:18 11 May 03

Monitors don't have drivers as such - they have inf files, which are text files containing the operating parameters of the monitor (such as what resoltuions, refresh rates, etc, are supported.)

So as long as the Plug-and-play choice of WinXP lets you set the resolution and refresh rates that you want for your monitor, and it is working fine, then you don't require anything else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…