Monitor Corruption/crash.

pester 10:59 16 Jan 05

Can someone please help? My monitor keeps getting vertical lines on the screen. Sometimes its only a few and other times its totally covered. This can happen even if my pc is left on my desktop overnight. If there are only a few lines I can still use the pc but they just get worse and eventually I have to restart the pc. When I restart the monitors fine for a while.(anything from 20 mins to 24 hours approx). I dont think its a big problem but its beyond me. Thanks.

jack 12:10 16 Jan 05

System datails please.
Graphics Card
Type of Monitor
All else that may help us analyise potential trouble spots.

pester 14:38 16 Jan 05

This is a Medion MD8080xl pc.Graphics card is a ATi Radeon9800xl. Monitor is a Tevion 15" TFT. Pentium 4 processor. 512ddr ram. Still under guarantee and Medion have already changed the graphics card. On return the problem was still there. Have restored to factory settings a few times but still getting screen problem.

PA28 15:04 16 Jan 05

Can you try another monitor - either a TFT or an old CRT will do - to eliminate a faulty monitor/cable as the cause?

pester 16:29 16 Jan 05

Dont have another monitor or cable, but will try to borrow from friend tomorrow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced