Monitor constantly refreshing

Anorak Mum 14:32 21 Apr 06

I have a Time PC (I know, I know..) which is approx 2 years old. After some initial problems it's been OK recently, but about 2 weeks ago it crashed - I was able to get it going again using a copy windows xp to boot it up. Then suddenly the other night, having been shut down and restarted it completely (it seemed) reformatted itself to factory condition. After initial panic I found my old documents, address book and pics. I still can't find my old emails, but am persevering. Major problem now is that according to device manager and system info, I don't have either a monitor or display driver. I do have a Relisys TL540 tft monitor, but since the crash it has been almost impossible to work with. It refreshes constantly, and scrolling (esp on the internet) is a nightmare. I can't change the refresh rate as the box just says I have a default monitor and the settings for that will be used. I have tried updating the monitor driver but it doesn't work. I have also tried updating my graphics driver (ATI rage) but that doesn't work either. HELP!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…