Monitor Connection Fails

emm1 13:52 30 Jan 05

I have got a Packard Bell computer 2nd hand, when trying to connect it up the computer starts up ok but there is no picture on the monitor. I have tried a couple of different monitor cables and monitors. Could it be possible that the parrallel connection is faulty.

Please help as this is driving me mad!

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:04 30 Jan 05

If monitor and cable ok (proved by swapping) then graphics card / drivers at fault.

Does this Pbell have on board graphics or a seperate graphic card or both?

On board graphics disabled in BIOS? then graphics card removed (you say 2nd hand machine)
No POST beeps to inform of badly fitted card?

try resetting the BIOS (I know you can't see it)a small jumper on the motherboard or remove the CMOS battery for 30 secs will reset the BIOS to default settings.

FelixTCat 14:05 30 Jan 05

Does the computer have a graphics card or on-board graphics? If on-board, it is possible that the previous owner fitted a graphics card and disabled the on-board graphics in the BIOS. He may have removed the graphics card before sale but not reset the on-board graphics.

Since you have tried different monitors and different cables, the only other possibility is a failed graphics card.

Lady Lara 16:35 30 Jan 05

could also be your processor as well.... similar to one of my problems

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…