//some 3rd party need geo

Monitor colour profiles

kimjhon 20:43 22 Jan 05

When I updated video drivers for the onboard Nvidia chip, Nvidia Desktop was installed.

Nvidia Desktop has facilities to tweak monitor colour settings.
You can save these settings to be applied at start up.

I like to have as little as poss running in the background or loading at start-up so I have disabled Nvidia Desktop.

I was happy with monitor hardware settings which I configured manually using the monitor's buttons.

The trouble is that now the monitor starts dark and the buttons have lost the ability to lighten the screen sufficiently.
( I can start Nvidia Desktop which will then apply its own setting - so there is nothing wrong with the tube)

When I open Display Properties | Settings tab | Advanced | Colour Management , it reads "Current monitor: Default monitor profile None>". I can hit a button to add a monitor profile but all I seem to have are printer colour profiles to select from.

So there are no monitor profiles to load and something has happened to the chip in the monitor ??

Is there any chance of acquiring a 'monitor profile' or something. I am loath to start finding and installing earlier Nvidia drivers
which would prob not re-instate the profiles, anyway ?

Any thoughts, please ?

Win98SE, monitor CS990DC,

AndySD 20:52 22 Jan 05

click here and look for the drivers for your monitor.

kimjhon 21:06 22 Jan 05

Thanks AndySD
LG electronics says page not available.
Do you have a prob getting it ?

My monitor has always used Windows driver. Will I have to look out for any probs when I install the monitors drivers ?

AndySD 21:12 22 Jan 05

Nope I now get a message their server is down. Try click here instead.

AndySD 21:16 22 Jan 05

click here for how to install them. After installing them check the refresh rate is 70 or greater.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…