Monitor Colour

swanny2 11:39 AM 15 Feb 11

When i turned my Pc on this Morning ,my Monitor colour had Changed too a Pinky Colour,ive havent altered nothing.
Anyone any Ideas Please/ Its a 17 inch Goodmans Flat Screen.

It could possibly be the monitor or the video card but first of all try replugging the video cable (at both ends )

johndrew 11:53 AM 15 Feb 11

It could be the monitor but you could also consider the lead, graphics drivers and graphics card(s).

You could also try a different monitor as this may confirm the monitor itself.

If the problem is still present or a monitor is not available, I suggest you try a different lead first and see if this clears it. If this fails try uninstalling/reinstalling the driver for your graphics card (you could do this by rolling back the driver click here - for XP audio but similar for Vista/W7 graphics - and then reinstalling). If this fails try removing reseating the graphics card(s) click here.

swanny2 11:57 AM 15 Feb 11

Thanks for the quick replys, in the last 15 mins it seems too have gone back too Normal,i didnt do anything tho.

johndrew 10:48 AM 16 Feb 11

Sounds odd. Could be a 'dry joint' or similar in the monitor.

D@ve 01:58 AM 19 Feb 11

I've seen this happen several times - in all instances it was fixed by moving the VGA cable around.

swanny2 13:26 PM 19 Feb 11

Thanks all ye i moved the cable and all is ok now.
Cheers :O)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know